Americas Regional Event Recordings
Thad Morgan, SCG Legal Board Chairman, Fraser Trebilcock (Michigan) Kelley Duke, SCG Legal Board Vice Chair, Ireland Stapleton Pryor & Pascoe (Colorado)
Ryan Sweet, leader of Real-Time Economics, Moody’s Analytics, and Editor-in-Chief of Economic View, is among the most accurate high-frequency forecasters of the U.S. Economy. Ryan’s keynote will include insights on the global economy, including what industries and practices in Europe will be impacted by the U.S. elections, what a post-COVID recovery might look like, and more.
Breakout Sessions’ Facilitator Highlights.
- Emerging Markets and Technology
- Energy and Environment
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- International Trade and Trade Agreements
- Manufacturing and Auto Industry
- Sports and Entertainment
Highlights from the Breakout Sessions and Tim Corcoran’s Presentation
THRIVING IN THE NEW NORMAL
Keynote: Tim Corcoran, Founder, Corcoran Consulting, and the author of the widely read Corcoran’s Business of Law blog.
Establishing the economic foundation for disruptive change, including how to sell it, how to reward it, and how to get started, Tim’s presentation addressed how firms can adapt and thrive in the new normal.
Following Tim’s presentation, fireside chat with Stephanie A. Scharf, Partner, Scharf Banks Marmor LLC
CLOSING REMARKS and
ABOVE AND BEYOND AWARD
This year we launched our inaugural Above and Beyond Award. This honor has been created to celebrate members who have gone above and beyond in their commitment to the organization. While we couldn’t gather in person for an award ceremony, our Board Chair Thad Morgan, Fraser Trebilcock (Michigan) and Vice Chair Kelley Duke, Ireland Stapleton Pryor & Pascoe (Colorado) announced the award winners during the Insights2021 conference.
Above and Beyond Award Winners
- Thad Morgan and Kelley Duke: For your leadership and vital contributions to the network.
- Alice van der Schee, former SCG Board Chair, Van Benthem & Keulen (Netherlands): Alice has been instrumental in working with SCG to quickly launch Team Europe meetings as well as the European Bankruptcy and Insolvency Council.
- Lisa Borsook, WeirFoulds (Toronto): Lisa’s dedication, passion and commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) led to SCG’s Women in Law Committee as well as DEI workshop series and Women in Law webinar.
- Steve Tugend, Kegler Brown Hill + Ritter (Ohio): Steve stepped forward to launch SCG’s Government Relations Taskforce.
- John Duck, Adams & Reese (Louisiana) and John Maddock, McGuireWoods (Virginia): John and John worked with SCG to launch the U.S. Bankruptcy and Insolvency Council.
- Mark Dunphy, Hall & Wilcox (Melbourne, Australia): Mark was instrumental in organizing the Team Asia calls.