SCG Past Board Chair Kelley Duke of Ireland Stapleton Pryor & Pascoe (US: Colorado) has penned a moving account of her year in leadership of a worldwide community during unprecedented times. Please take a moment to read Connecting the Right People at the Right Time for the Right Reasons: My Year as Board Chair of a Global Law Firm Network, which was recently featured in Corporate Counsel Business Journal.
With the first two month of 2023 firmly behind us, this year is shaping up to be invaluable and impactful for SCG Legal’s growing community. Offering dynamic collaborations of the right people at the right time for the right reasons, our network offers an unparalleled competitive advantage for member firms and their clients across the globe. I encourage you to take every opportunity to engage with one another, and I invite your suggestions and questions—at any time—for ways in which SCG can be of greater benefit to you, your practice, and firm.
‘Not to be Missed’ Member Meetings & Networking
Please engage with as many of the opportunities below as possible.
- March 23 – 24: SGC Team Asia Regional Meeting | Singapore – Registration is Open, click here
- May 11 – 12: SCG Midyear Meeting | Berlin, Germany – Registration is Open, click here
- June 15- 16: SGC Team Canada Regional Meeting | Halifax, Nova Scotia – Details Coming Soon
- September 21 – 22: SCG Annual Meeting | New Orleans, Louisiana, US – Registration Open, click here
Also, SCG is monitoring member firm attendance at the following 2023 industry events to help facilitate and/or sponsor networking opportunities. If you/r firm colleagues are planning to attend these events—or would like to suggest other events be added to the list—please email Erin Kane (email@example.com) with details.
- May 15 – 19: International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual Meeting | Singapore
- October 12 – 15: INSOL Europe Annual Meeting | Amsterdam
- October 29 – November 3: International Bar Association (IBA) Meeting | Paris
- May 16 – 17: SCG Midyear Meeting | Dublin, Ireland
- September 19 – 20: Annual Meeting | Los Angeles, California, US
SCG continues to expand strategically through key countries and regions. Please join me in welcoming the five new member firms below, and please do reach out to each Voting Representative to explore opportunities to work together.
- AGM Abogados (Spain) is a legal and financial advisory firm with a diverse group of practices based in Barcelona, Madrid, Sabadell, and Paris. SCG Voting Representative: Guillermo Bayas Fernández | firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Clay Government Relations Firm (US: Mississippi) is recognized by Mississippi policymakers for superior government relations and advocacy, providing top tier lobbying and public affairs services. SCG Voting Representative: Beth Clay | email@example.com
- FABREGA MOLINO (Panama) is a full-service law firm serving a variety of clients from multinational corporations to high-net-worth individuals. SCG Voting Representative: José Juan Marquez | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suojae – Kwon, Park & Rhee (South Korea) is a young, fast-growing firm striving to become one of the best law firms in Korea that is able to handle all corporate matters. SCG Voting Representative: Nam Woo Kim | email@example.com
- Peachtree Government Relations (Georgia) is unique in being the only firm in Georgia to represent city governments, county governments, and school systems. SCG Voting Representative: Don Bolia | firstname.lastname@example.org
Reminder: Tracking Referrals for Impact
As you know, it can take numerous interactions to build the rapport and establish the trust that enables client referrals. Once that foundation is laid, referrals become near seamless and members invest in each other’s success naturally. As member-to-member client referrals occur, please help SCG track them. Doing so is critical to:
- Offer a clear picture of membership value, especially for annual member firm renewals and prospect member firm invitations;
- Ensure acknowledgement of/credit to the referring firms; and
- Ensure the firm receiving a referral has an opportunity to profile their practice/s.
To ensure accurate tracking, please CC me (email@example.com) on any referral emails. If that’s not possible because of client confidentiality, please send me a separate email letting me know the firm you referred the client/matter to and, as able, the related practice or industry. If you have any questions/suggestions about this request, please reach out to me directly.
SCG Legal Receives Elite Designation in Chambers Global?2023 Guide &?Maintains Leading Rankings for Asia-Pacific and Canada
SCG Legal has once again been recognized by Chambers and Partners in the Leading Law Firm Networks: Global Market Leaders (Band 1) category, but this year marks the network’s debut in The Elite ranking. Additionally, the network maintains its rankings for Leading Law Firm Networks: Highly Regarded – Nationwide – Canada and Leading Law Firm Networks: Asia-Pacific Region. For the full Chambers Global 2023 press release, click here.
SCG Mobile App: Member Directory Available
SCG’s mobile app is gaining strength and usability as a global connection tool for business development, referral, and cross-selling opportunities. Currently all member firm Voting Representatives have a profile publicly available through the Member tab. We encourage you to download and use the app yourself as well as sharing its availability with your firm colleagues. Directions to download the app and access the Member tab are HERE. SCG will also use the app for certain events like the Midyear and Annual meetings. However, portals for these will be limited to registered event participants.
The strength and responsiveness of our community is better than most others in the legal industry. With SCG Legal’s reach, influence, and impact, there hasn’t been a better time in recent history to be part of a network like ours. Please take full advantage of our global footprint and the benefits SCG has to offer. For my part, I will continue to proactively reach out and seek input for how SCG can be of greater value.
CEO, SCG Legal